Here's my big sister!!!

http://karsenalexandra.blogspot.com/

Friday, January 9, 2009

Lots and Lots of Sonograms

We had a sonogram appointment and endocrinologist's dietitian appointment yesterday.
The dietitian went well. They had upped my insulin a bit earlier this week and in the morning it still wasn't enough so she told me to up it another unit. And drink milk. I had not been able to drink milk because it put my sugar up too high, but she said just give an extra unit of insulin and drink it. Plus she wants me to eat more and more often... Really? Before I went in I honestly thought I had gained 5 + lbs, but I was down a lb. Woohoo!
After that I met Brandon at Presby for the Sono. I will omit the drama that went with that and just give the warning that the cafe in the lobby of the Margot Perot building at Presby of Dallas ONLY TAKES CASH. This can cause uncontrollable sobbing in 32 week, diabetic pregnant women that are already an hour late eating their lunch. But, as usual Brandon saved the day and brought me a wonderful salad from the Health food store next door to his store which now has me craving egg salad... so we went in for the sono and it well too. He is getting BIGGER. The dr. says he weighs about 4 lbs 11 oz and has plenty of amniotic fluid. BUT... I need to have one every week now. Has he never heard of a copay? At $30 a pop, 7 weeks worth that is $210 PLUS all my other doctors and the hospital deductable!! I had already met it for last year but this was a new calendar year...
Enough rambling....

No comments: