Here's my big sister!!!

http://karsenalexandra.blogspot.com/

Friday, January 23, 2009

Birthday blessings... at work and home!

Yesterday was my birthday...was not very excited about it this year... But, I got to work and my whole desk was decorated, so that made me happy. Then they got me my favorite lunch (salad trio from Cafe Maxx - Cesar, chicken & cucumber) and then EVERYBODY came rolling into the office and they brought out a cake and sang me Happy Birthday. The cake had both baby stuff and birthday stuff on it so I was a little confused. Then they brought out my crib mattress... I don't think anyone else in this world has ever been so excited about a crib mattress but it was exactly what I needed!!! I was so worried about how I was going to get the crib mattress and they all pitched in and got it for me. Even the maintenance guys!!! Plus they got us cute hoodie towels and receiving blankets and onsies and a soft blanket. They gave me a little baby shower and a birthday party. It was a very special work day!
I left a little early to stop and get gas on my way home and ended up getting stuck behind a wreck and called Brandon all panicked. He kept saying he would leave and go get Karsen and to take my time... I had no idea he had already left early and was at central market getting my favorite dinner and flowers... I finally got home and he had it all ready- Chicken Parmesan and asparagus! Nothing could have tasted better. I have had a real love/hate relationship with food these days and NOTHING sounded good anymore. I ate my dinner and my nightly treat of frozen sugar free vanilla pudding and even had a great blood sugar reading. (I had been testing high at night so they upped my insulin again and this time it worked!)
I had such a great birthday and now we get to see Little Man today again at 3:30 and see how big he's getting!!

1 comment:

Baby Pampillonia said...

im glad you had a great birthday! its almost here....=)